2.5 to 5 years
Children will create unique and meaningful art projects that will be showcased and celebrated. Students will also be introduced to various art principles, including the color palate, a wide array of painting techniques and working with clay. A “work shopping” portion of the class will allow children to learn the basic skills of critiquing artwork. The projects will be enhanced with music and children’s literature based on a fresh, new theme each month. Dress for mess!
- Paint, shape, construct and create unique projects.
- Wonderful supplement to school.
- Increases independence.
- Promotes self-confidence through positive feedback.
- Develops social skills through dynamic teacher and peer interaction.
- Encourages fine motor skill development and spatial reasoning.
- Stimulates creative thinking.
- Garden Art: Paint ceramic pots and plant and herb garden
- Fabric Art: Batik a tote
- Mardi Gras Art: Pour and paint plaster masks
- Summertime Art: Tie-dye beach towels
- Personal Art: Self portraits on canvas
- And Much, Much More!
Tags: 4 years, 5 years, 6 years, 7 years, after school, afternoons, art, beginner, circle time, fall, intermediate, just kids, lauren boyle, painting, school age, spring, story time, summer, weekdays, winter