Cooking Around the World: Kinder Cooks
Ages 2.5 - 5
Children will learn about the process of cooking and baking from scratch, as well as nutrition and cleanup. Each month, we will create culinary delights from a different country and use children’s literature and music to learn some interesting facts about the country we’re cooking from and enhance the kitchen experience. The little chefs will try new and interesting foods and have the opportunity to share their creations with family and friends. Dress for mess!
- Cook delicious foods from around the world from scratch.
- Encourages kids to try new foods and learn about other cultures.
- Wonderful supplement to school.
- Increases independence.
- Promotes self-confidence through positive feedback.
- Develops social skills through dynamic teacher and peer interaction.
- Encourages fine motor skill development and mathematic thought.
- Stimulates creative thinking.
- Italian Food: Pasta Making, Lasagna, Ravioli, Stromboli
- French Food: Ratatouille, Chicken Cordon Bleu, Quiche
- Indian Food: Dahl, Chicken Makhani, Matar Pulao, Naan Bread
- South American Food: Feijoada, Empanadas, Gnocchi
- Asain Food: Sushi for Kids, Moo Goo Gai Pan, Jaiozi
- And Much, Much More!
Tags: 4 years, 5 years, 6 years, 7 years, after school, afternoons, beginner, circle time, cooking, fall, food, intermediate, just kids, lauren boyle, multicultural, school age, spring, story time, summer, weekdays, winter